Sunday, June 14, 2015

How Does Your Garden Grow?


How Does Your Garden Grow?

 

My garden is a constant work in progress. I have no plan other than to buy a flower, plant the flower and sometimes move the flower to a better location. Each year is different, in fact, my garden, as all gardens, changes weekly. The flowers are always changing. Throughout the growing season, there are early blooming flowers, mid-season flowers and late season flowers.  




Here are my two favorite roses currently blooming. The yellow rose is a hybrid and named, Henry Fonda. The blossoms have been numerous and constant. The red rose is a floribunda and named, Oh My. I planted this rose bush just this spring; already there are several deep, red blooms.

My tickseed perennial is doing well. At the beginning of the season, it was infested with brown and white striped beetles that were happily munching the plant to the ground. I sprayed it with insecticide about a month ago, and now it is doing very well. The color combination of the deep yellow flowers next to the deep red rose is gorgeous.

I have three pots that I planted with pink petunia waves. They are now growing profusely. Eventually the blooms will spill over the pots.  Wave petunias are very dependable. They take the full sun and heat well.

I planted my dahlia plants a bit late this year, but they are doing well and are growing at least an inch or more a day. They get morning and early afternoon sun but are in the shade during the most intense heat of the day. I can’t wait for their blooms later in the summer.

 

Tell me about your favorite flowers currently blooming in your garden.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment